Sunday 31 July 2011

First Love

   There are things which you never forget in life - your first car, your first home theatre but above all, your first Love!!!

   I guess I was in class 5 when I saw her for the first time and I knew she was the one.She had the eyes of a naughty kid and the smile...god what do I say...she had the prettiest smile in the world with that small dimple which i just loved to watch.I could spend all day just gazing at her.A few of my friend came to know about it and they started teasing me but who cared.I was in love.

   Ours was a different kind of a love story.We never talked or even met each other.She probably didnt even know about my existence and still I had given away my heart to this princess .I had also written a poem about her which I have no clue as to which corner of my room it lies in today.Her name was Preity Zinta !!!

   She ruled my heart for years to come and I made sure I never missed any of her movies even if they were not commercially successful.With every passing day my love and devotion just grew towards her as I collected every picture and article in the newspapers and every wallpaper available on the internet.I treated my friends on her birthday - 31st of Jan.

   As i entered my college life, her movie ' Salaam Namaste' was released which contained quite a few sleazy scenes and had a bold theme.But she was my favourite for playing out those unconventional roles.I just loved the movie although most of my friends didnt find it worth a second watch.

   Time passed by and I got introduced to the first real girl in life for whom I felt something special.There were bells ringing inside me everyday which Preity could never bring about.This girl was special- too special for me and thats when I realized myself drifting away from celluloid to real-time love.With her I have spent the most precious and best years of my college life and the memories still linger on coz like all good things this too came to an end.But not before I thought I was totally over Preity and had probably moved on to the latest hotties like kareena and kats.Yet as I was watching Koi Mil Gaya today, I realized that I still adored her beauty, her smile, her dimple...I may not be the kid, all head over heels in love with this eternal goddess, but I respected her for the lady she was.The feelings had probably matured.That is what happens with true first love - no matter how much you move away, no matter how much you move on- you can never forget her.She has and will always be the special one in your life.Her position of being the numero uno is irreplaceable.And sometimes you feel the damage caused by her loss in your life is irrepairable.But I guess it is the voice of the universe which cant bare to see this wounded bird, and hence urges it to just move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment